Graduate Software Engineer
Our graduate Software Engineering role offers you an exciting opportunity to start a career within an innovative and fast-moving software development company that will enable you to grow on the job and fast-track your experience and software development capabilities.
You will be provided the opportunities to gain valuable experience, learn new skills and show how you can be a valuable asset to the company. In doing so, we will support and encourage your rapid growth and progression within the company.
The role provides day-to-day software design and development, support, consultation, trouble-shooting of software related matters on Nuamedia and Client supported platforms and services.
This position requires strong technical skills with effective communication skills.
Using leading edge J2EE, Cloud, Voice, Mobile and Web technologies, the role will also see you develop effective solutions and techniques to meet customer success criteria, outcomes and quality assurance objectives.
Your job duties may involve:
- Software Design and Development on NuaMedia Products and Projects.
- Effectively represent NuaMedia in the delivery and support of client platforms and services.
- Apply technical support to perform Tier 2,3,4 technical support activities as required.
- Develop, communicate and recommend tools and solutions to maximise availability, reliability and stability of platforms and services
- Assist in Incident, Problem, Change & Release Management activities as required to maintain agreed SLAs
- Develop Software in accordance to Nuamedia and Client Architecture and Technical Roadmaps, recommendations and best practices.
- Provide trouble-shooting, testing and support activities.
Who You Are
- Technologist, who enjoys innovation, keeping in touch and trying latest technologies
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- Enjoy looking at challenges and thinking creatively to solve them.
- Customer Focused
- Fosters and encourages strong teamwork
- Maintains personal and professional integrity at all times
- Has a ‘Can-Do’ approach
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; works well with teams, and able to communicate effectively to customers and stakeholders
- Must be an Australian, New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- Java/J2EE development experience
- Familiar with Build Tools (git/stash, Maven)
- SQL Development experience
- REST and Web-Services experience
- Experience in UML, Software Design patterns, tools, frameworks and best-practices
- Software Design and engineering experience such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Networking, Problem solving & Analytical skills
- Familiar with Cloud technologies such as AWS, EC2
- Familiar with Agile development and collaboration tools. (JIRA, Confluence, Kanban)
- Familiar with Hibernate and Spring frameworks
- Familiar with J2EE application server development and configuration (JBOSS, Oracle)
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Mobile-App Development (iOS / Android)